Topic: Error: "Failed to autocreate mailbox"

- iRedMail version 0.9.4
- Download install
- Ubuntu 14.04
- LDAP (Windows Active Directory)
- Nginx
- No managed with iRedAdmin pro

I created a master user in the dovecot-master-users file. It has the key in {SSHA512} and the non-existent_user@domain

When I try to connect, in the log, it says to have validated the master user to connect to another account.  But when I try to examine the contents of an IMAP folder, I get the following error

"Failed to autocreate mailbox - Permission denied"

Does anyone know what this is about?

Greetings,

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error: "Failed to autocreate mailbox"

Please turn on debug mode in Dovecot and check detailed debug log. I guess the master user didn't work actually.

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.dovecot.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please turn on debug mode in Dovecot and check detailed debug log. I guess the master user didn't work actually.

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.dovecot.html

I can connect by telnet to port 143. In the log when I activate the verbose I can see the authentication through the master user. Even when I run the lists command, it shows me something, but it doesn't seem to be the maildir of the user's box.  Then when I try to run the command examine over a folder, I get the error.

root@mail-01:/etc/dovecot# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot (Ubuntu) ready.
a1 LOGIN myuser@mydomain.com*muser@externaldomain.com StrongPassword
a1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND URL-PARTIAL CATENATE UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS SPECIAL-USE BINARY MOVE QUOTA ACL RIGHTS=texk] Logged in
a2 LIST "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Sent) "/" Sent
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Drafts) "/" Drafts
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Trash) "/" Trash
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Junk) "/" Junk
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Archive) "/" Archive
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" INBOX
a2 OK List completed.
a3 EXAMINE INBOX
a3 NO [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2019-11-13 15:07:08]

rd.suscriptions wrote:

a3 NO [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2019-11-13 15:07:08]

What's the related log in /var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log or imap.log?