Topic: Change mailboxes storage directory after installation

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi. So I set up a mail server using iRedMail. As it was being installed, we used the default directory for the storage of the mailboxes which was /var/vmail

Now that our mail server is up and running, I was asked if it's possible to change the default directory for the mailboxes (perhaps a new folder instead of /var/vmail). If so, how can I do it?

Thank you so much.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Change mailboxes storage directory after installation

The easiest way is, create new directory for the mailboxes, then make /var/vmail is the symbol link to new directory.

Hey, I tried this but still not working. If i manually access the address the symbol link works, but when i try to login in roundcube, it says that maildir is not in the path.
I mounted an external hdd and moved the vmail to /media/ubuntu/mail also than created the symbol link with
ln -s /media/ubuntu/mail /var/vmail but its not working.....

Please help

Please make sure "vmail" user has the permission to access /media, /media/ubuntu and /media/ubuntu/mail .