Topic: Sync Outlook to Server

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello! I lost my VM with CentOS 6.7 and iredmail 0.8 because hardware fault. I have backup from last week but with old emails. I need sync updated emails from Outlook machines to outdated backup VM.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sync Outlook to Server

Excuse me, what do you mean "sync updated emails from Outlook machines to outdated backup VM"?
Maybe use tool like "imapsync" to sync?

3 (edited by alanflanker 2019-11-18 16:25:59)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Excuse me, what do you mean "sync updated emails from Outlook machines to outdated backup VM"?
Maybe use tool like "imapsync" to sync?

I have approximately 300 email accounts on 300 computers. The emails that are in Outlook are the ones I want, since the ones on the server are out of date due to the restored backup of last week. I did a test on my machine, with the server turned on, when opening Outlook the most updated emails are automatically deleted because they are not on the outdated server. I need him to understand that the emails on these 300 machines are the ones I need and want to send to the server and not that the server goes out.
I did not get to use "imapsync" since I have the risk that when opening Outlook emails will be deleted and these computers are in several places.

When i mean Outlook, is a Microsoft program, not in outlook.com

The only way I've found it so far is with the server turned off, open Outlook, select updated emails, copy to a folder created in "My Documents" for example. Turning on the server, it will automatically delete these emails that I copied, then I copy from this folder and paste it into Outlook. But I will have to do this manually on all computers

If MUA (Outlook in your case) are configured to access mailbox via IMAP protocol, it will compare local messages and the ones on server, remove local messages if they're not exist on server, and retrieve non-local messages from server, until it's fully synced.

I don't know how to tell Outlook (IMAP) or other (IMAP) MUAs not to delete local messages if they don't exist on server. Maybe you can check whether Outlook offers such feature in the preferences/settings page.