Topic: Unable to SSH - Bad Credentials
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? No
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Hello folks, this should be a simple questions for the pros.
I have access to login to IredAdmin with postmaster, and have a second user also promoted to global admin, this works in the GUI.
Which credendtials must I use to SSH though, I tried both accounts a above i.e. postmaster@hostname (for mail server). SSH works but I get bad credentials even with those that work in IredAdmin.
Please help, probably missing something obvious.
I managed to find some old SSH keys, which got me in, then I could SU to root and reset passwords accordingly.
Seems to me like in my case the userson the OS and the IreMail ones do not sync passwords for some reason.