Topic: SOGo and memcached
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18:04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I'm getting lots of these errors in /var/log/sogo/sogo.log:
Nov 28 14:23:14 sogod : <0x0x561e98bf8d90[SOGoCache]> an error occurred when caching value for key 'email@example.com+attributes': "SERVER HAS FAILED AND IS DISABLED UNTIL TIMED RETRY"
These errors are also occurring when /var/vmail/backup/backup_sogo.sh runs as a cronjob.
I've read on this forum https://forum.iredmail.org/post57940.html#p57940 this maybe due to memcached. Also on this forum it states that memcached is installed as part of the iRedMail installation https://forum.iredmail.org/post56630.html#p56630
Memcached is not installed on my server:
dpkg -L memcached
dpkg-query: package 'memcached' is not installed
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
So my question is, is there a way to configure SOGo to not use memcached or should I install memcached?
Many thanks, Steve.