Topic: Recipient address rejected: Blacklisted
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have created a blacklist record for my email account blacklisting an email address. When a message from the address comes it is rejected with "Recipient address rejected: Blacklisted" diagnostics in the syslog. And the sender receives a message which contains
host mail.example.com: 554 5.7.1 <firstname.lastname@example.org>: Recipient address rejected: Blacklisted
But it is the sender address that is blacklisted and rejected, not the recipient address. Is it a bug or an intentional feature (like a kind of political correctness: we do not want to offend the sender saying he/she is rejected and therefore say that recipient is rejected)?