Topic: Setup logs
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I want to send all iredmail related logs to syslog and then to an external log server .
So I added to dovecot.conf "syslog_facility = local5" and to rsyslog.conf "local5.* -/var/log/dovecot.log".
But now in /var/log messages and in /var/log/dovecot.conf I'm getting logs only for incoming and outgoing messages and nothing about unsuccessful logins for example.
What am I missing here?