Topic: Randomly stops sending and receiving emails

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 PGSQL edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have a strange issue with my server all works fine for a few days, then intermittently it will stop sending and receiving emails, looking through the logs the only issue I can find is related to pgsql, but it seems that it is running fine, but oddly a connection refused error is continually reported.

I can restore the server through a reboot, and any sent messages, are sent when the server is backup, but all messages received during the time its been down are lost, and this is the concern.

Full logs are attached, any advise appreciated.

Post's attachments

dovecot.log 3.31 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-12-09 

mail.zip 189.73 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-12-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Randomly stops sending and receiving emails

In attached log file "mail.zip", it shows:

- Amavisd service is not running, please start it.

Dec  9 07:04:13 mail postfix/error[19876]: 47WZ1T1b1mz2n22: to=<root@mail.emporion.co.uk>, orig_to=<root>, relay=none, delay=0.1, delays=0.09/0/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused)

- There're many warnings like this:

Dec  9 09:38:47 mail postfix/postqueue[28313]: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 370: overriding earlier entry: smtpd_recipient_restrictions=reject_non_fqdn_recipient    reject_unlisted_recipient    check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:7777    permit_mynetworks    permit_sasl_authenticated    reject_unauth_destination

You should remove the duplicate line. BTW, default iRedMail settings should be working fine and no extra tuning required.

Your OpenDKIM service is not running. please start it. BTW, Amavisd performs DKIM signing and verification, no need to run OpenDKIM.

Dec  9 07:04:16 mail postfix/cleanup[19858]: warning: connect to Milter service local:/opendkim/opendkim.sock: No such file or directory

- As you already found, PostgreSQL service is not working well, try to check its log file or /var/log/syslog to figure out why it stopped running, or stopped accept new connections (in this case you need to increase its max connections).
- How much memory does this server have?