Topic: iRedAPD copy failure on FreeBSD 12.1

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB (MySQL)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

The upgrade of iRedAdmin-Pro requires an upgrade from 0.9.9 to 1.0 of iRedMail, which in turn requires and upgrade of iRedAPD (in this case from 2.3 to 3.3).

The iRedAPD upgrade script fails to copy the iredapd.conf file on my system.

It appears this is because the upgrade script sets SYSLOG_CONF_DIR to '/usr/local/etc/syslog.d' which does not exist on my server. On my system syslog.conf resides in /etc, and the syslog messages file resides in /usr/local/etc.

I'm going to try manually copying iredapd.conf to /usr/local/etc and doing the chown and chmod commands on it, but don't know if it will run expected. Running the find command did not turn up an iredapd.conf file in any of /etc/, /usr, or /var filesystems before the upgrade.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedAPD copy failure on FreeBSD 12.1

I suppose /usr/local/etc/syslog.d exists on all default FreeBSD base system.

Could you please check /etc/syslog.conf on your server, does it contain line like these:

include                        /etc/syslog.d
include                        /usr/local/etc/syslog.d

Hi zhb,

Thanks for your response. Yes, the /etc/syslog.conf file contains both of those include statements. However, although there is a /etc/syslog.d directory, there is no directory for /usr/local/etc/syslog.d on my system.

If it's relevant, this system has been upgraded many times, starting around FreeBSD 8 or so. I don't know if /usr/local/etc/syslog.d was part of the base all that time.

ok, that makes sense.

I updated iRedAPD script to create /usr/local/etc/syslog.d/ automatically (better not copy files to /etc/syslog.d/).
https://github.com/iredmail/iRedAPD/com … 9f9ecbc216

Thanks for the feedback. smile