Topic: Q about licensing/temp server

I want to clone my iRedmail server to
1) do a dry run for the upgrade from 0.9.9 to 1.0.0.
2) test my backup plan by doing a test on an old backup for restoring the latest backed up copy of the mailbox files.

I am planning to rename and readdress this VM  using the guide at https://docs.iredmail.org/change.server.hostname.html

Ideally I'd like to test the backup and upgrade using the full same install including the same iredadmin copy, but as this will only be for a few hours (hopefully) and never in production and as it is a personal sever, not a business one I don't really want to have the expense of a second license. Neither do I want to bring down my live server for longer than essential.

So my Qs are these:
1) would such testing violate the license conditions and if so is there a limited cost way of extending it to cove this
2) would cloning the machine then installing the non-pro iredadmin version have any practical impact on doing the above tests?

I don't actually need to do any testing of the iredadmin component, just the mailbox and move to a new version of iredmail.

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Q about licensing/temp server

chc-pr wrote:

1) would such testing violate the license conditions and if so is there a limited cost way of extending it to cove this

It's ok to do it this way.

Re: Q about licensing/temp server

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
chc-pr wrote:

It's ok to do it this way.

Thank you for the clarification. Have a great festive season and thank you for building this system!