1 (edited by Sascha_77 2019-12-19 21:50:44)

Topic: Since iRedMail 1.0 and Buster Mail delivery takes longer

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? No
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Buster x64
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi.

Yesterday I updated from 0.9.9 to 1.0 (with your Guide) and after that from Stretch to Buster (with your Guide too).
All is working fine. But there is a small "Problem". Receiving Mails needs some time now. Before the Update round about 10 Seconds or faster and now 1 Minute or more. Any clues for that?

By the way ... thank you for your hard work with iRedMail. Using it since some years and I´m very satisfied. big_smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Since iRedMail 1.0 and Buster Mail delivery takes longer

Debian Buster has a higher memory requirement than Stretch so try to increase memory by approximately 512 MB.

3 (edited by Sascha_77 2019-12-20 01:20:18)

Where exactly I should increase it? Postfix has no Memory option? My System has 8 GB Ram.
And there are only 3 Active Mail Accounts on the Server. Its not "overloaded".

EDIT:
Found an Error in mail.log

Dec 19 17:37:28 XXXXXX amavis[31324]: (31324-01) (!)ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: run_av error: Too many retries to talk to /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl (All attempts (1) failed connecting to /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl) at (eval 113) line 659.\n

That could be the reason. How to solve?

EDIT 2:
I think I fixed it. Had an Error in the Service Status and clamav exited:

Dez 19 17:41:41 XXXXXXXX clamd[32085]: ERROR: Parse error at /etc/clamav/clamd.conf:79: Unknown option StatsPEDisabled

And this was for all Entries beginning with: Stats......

/etc/clamav/clamd.conf

Before:

StatsEnabled false
StatsPEDisabled true
StatsHostID auto
StatsTimeout 10

After:

#StatsEnabled false
#StatsPEDisabled true
#StatsHostID auto
#StatsTimeout 10

Now clamav is running again and mails are delivered lightning fast. smile

Additionaly I commented out this because of this Warning:

Dez 19 17:49:54 XXXXXXX clamd[32443]: WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option DetectBrokenExecutables at /etc/clamav/clamd.conf:40
#DetectBrokenExecutables false

And one common note because of Buster and Dovecot 3.x. It pulls this Warning:

doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:51: ssl_dh_parameters_length is no longer needed

Commented it out too.

Perhaps all this should be included in iRedMail 1.0.1 @ZhangHuangbin?

Sascha_77 wrote:

Where exactly I should increase it? Postfix has no Memory option? My System has 8 GB Ram.
And there are only 3 Active Mail Accounts on the Server. Its not "overloaded".

EDIT:
Found an Error in mail.log

You did not mention anything about errors so I assumed everything was running as expected. In that light one obvious reason could be the increased memory requirement. I also saw the same warnings and errors as you which I simply deleted. You did also remember to create this file manually: /etc/ssl/dh2048_param.pem ?
See explanation here: https://forum.iredmail.org/post72005.html#p72005

5 (edited by Sascha_77 2019-12-20 16:33:30)

Thats why I edited my post afterwards.

The File /etc/ssl/dh2048_param.pem is already there. And the Error Message was that the "lenght" parameter is not longer needed. And not that the .pem File is not  in place. wink

The thing is ... I always strictly Upgrade the iRedMail releases with the Guides here. Like many other people too. And these one who upgraded to Buster, iRedMail1.0 and Dovecot 3.x (like me) should actually have the same problem as me.

The original problem as caused due to clamav service was not running.

Dec 19 17:37:28 XXXXXX amavis[31324]: (31324-01) (!)ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: run_av error: Too many retries to talk to /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl (All attempts (1) failed connecting to /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl) at (eval 113) line 659.\n

Topic closed due to issue solved. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The original problem as caused due to clamav service was not running.

Topic closed due to issue solved. smile

Yes, but it crashed with the 4 Stats..... Parameters. Seems to be important to comment out/remove them.