Topic: Greylisting doesn't whitelist after later retries

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): ldap
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi, normally greylisting should whitelist the senders IP after the next retry which is later than two minutes than the first try, at least in my case because GREYLISTING_BLOCK_EXPIRE is set to 2.

This has worked fine, but now it's not, at least in this example. I guess it works for other senders, because otherwise I would'nt recieve any other mails I guess.

Dec 19 14:57:08 mail postfix/smtpd[18148]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from smtp.example.org[100.200.100.200]: 451 4.7.1 <***>: Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection, please try again later; from=<***> to=<***> proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp.example.org>
Dec 19 15:02:10 mail postfix/smtpd[21518]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from smtp.example.org[100.200.100.200]: 451 4.7.1 <***>: Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection, please try again later; from=<***> to=<***> proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp.example.org>
Dec 19 15:12:12 mail postfix/smtpd[23549]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from smtp.example.org[100.200.100.200]: 451 4.7.1 <***>: Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection, please try again later; from=<***> to=<***> proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp.example.org>
Dec 19 15:32:13 mail postfix/smtpd[21489]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from smtp.example.org[100.200.100.200]: 451 4.7.1 <***>: Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection, please try again later; from=<***> to=<***> proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp.example.org>

Any Idea how to debug that? I can send uncensored log via private mail, but I don't wanna share this information with everyone smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Greylisting doesn't whitelist after later retries

- Which iRedAPD release are you running? Please show us output of command "ls -dl /opt/iredapd". If not the latest iRedAPD-3.3, please upgrade to 3.3 first and try again.
FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredapd.html

- If iRedAPD-3.3 has same issue, please turn on debug mode in iRedAPD and show us full log of related smtp sessions.
FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.iredapd.html

Note: please also pay attention to the sender server IP address, it may change for same email and this causes incorrect recognization.

I've been running 3.2, I'll upgrade everything now to iredmail 1.0

sender IP was always the same

Any update?

It doesn't work.
I've sent uncensored logs to you via E-Mail.