Topic: Disable password change for dmain admin?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? DL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have a master administrator, as well as domain administrators. Is it possible to disable the domain admins from changing their own passwords?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Disable password change for dmain admin?

Currently domain admin is allowed to change password in iRedAdmin-Pro. I don't understand why disallow this?

Re: Disable password change for dmain admin?

I sorted it out - the reason is a support person was trying to change a user's password, and by mistake ended changing the domain admin's password, which locked all admins out. I had to reset it using the global admin account.

I ended up doing this in templates/default/layout.html
Replaced:

<li><a href="{{ctx.homepath}}/profile/{%if session.get('admin_is_mail_user') %}user{%else%}admin{%endif%}/general/{{session.get('username')}}">{{ _('Preferences') }}</a></li>

with

{% if session.get('is_global_admin') %}
    <li><a href="{{ctx.homepath}}/profile/{%if session.get('admin_is_mail_user') %}user{%else%}admin{%endif%}/general/{{session.get('username')}}">{{ _('Preferences') }}</a></li>
{% endif %}

That does what I need.