Topic: Server rejecting "dynamic" IP host when it is not
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?downloable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginix
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Here is the issue.
Jan 3 19:18:09 mail postfix/smtpd: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from 212.183-56-198.rdns.joshwhotv.com[184.108.40.206]: 554 5.7.1 <212.183-56-198.rdns.joshwhotv.com>: Helo command rejected: ACCESS DENIED. Your email was rejected because the sending mail server appears to be on a dynamic IP address that should not be doing direct mail delivery (212.183-56-198); from=<firstname.lastname@example.org>
According to mxtoolbox.com all is fine on their end, so why is the email; server giving a false positive?