1 (edited by kawasakiguy 2020-01-13 11:51:16)

Topic: Mail.log not showing all connection attempts

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail: Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
====

I have iredmail deployed at my home, it works great,  but my problem lies on my dedicated server I'm renting.

At home: Incoming mail works &shows all connection logs, failures, etc

On the Dedicated Server: Mail from outlook.com comes in fine, the logs are there I can connect to the smtp port.

BUT mail from gmx.com doesnt come in at all, no connection logs, and cannot connect to the smtp port. This problem is happening with multiple domains, but not all of them.

Also: I havent successfully sent mail to gmx.com from the dedicated machine and also my ip IS NOT located on any blacklists, my MX records are all good, I have ssl and all ports working.

Why is mail.log not showing all connection attempts or blocks? IT LOOKS like an ip ban but that isnt possible, I have even changed domain name & host ip in the process to trouble shoot this.

Once again, my home mail server receives just fine, yet the other server isnt showing all of the incoming connections & requests for mail and is not receiving from all domains.

What makes a domain not want to send mail to you if you have never sent mail to it? I know the basic answers but would like your expert option.

Thank you for your time and input Zhang!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail.log not showing all connection attempts

I would start by checking the availability of ports from outside (telnet)

then turned on debugging everywhere, turned off the firewall, turned off postfix reject rules (helo, header, senders)
and searched in logs for any occurrence of the desired domain

also check the correspondence of dns records

PS The azure part does not allow access to various services by forwarding ports to somewhere else

Re: Mail.log not showing all connection attempts

Do you have correct DNS records for your mail domain name? At least A and MX are required for basic mail flow.