Topic: New user - need help

Hi,

I'm trying to install iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1 but when i'm trying to install the packages it gives me an error:

"Please configure a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) in /etc/hosts before we go further.

Example:

127.0.0.1   mail.iredmail.org mail localhost"

I have configure this, like the exemple, to try, but it keeps given the same error. What i've to do

best regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: New user - need help

Open file 'conf/global', find line 74:

export HOSTNAME="$(hostname -f)"

Change it to your FQDN hostname, like this:

export HOSTNAME="mail.example.com"

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

Thanks for the help. I managed to set everything up to the end. It is very simple.

Right now I have a problem. 've managed to login with www@ricardo.pt (the domain that is configured ricardo.pt) but I can not with postmaster@ricardo.pt.

But now I wonder how I can add another user to domain?

Thanks

ricardosa wrote:

I can not with postmaster@ricardo.pt.

postmaster@ is not a normal mail user, it's an administrator.

Please read iRedMail.tips under your iRedMail installation directory. e.g. /root/iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1/iRedMail.tips.

Hi ...again,

I read iRedMail.tips. And i've insert new users but i dont see in database the local to put the password. where can i insert the password?

thanks

You can use either PostfixAdmin or iRedAdmin to create new users.
URL of them are listed in iRedMail.tips.

Hi again,

I got my machine set up with iRedMail, creating users, but now, when I tried to repeat the procedures to another machine it gives me the following error (I open the postfixadmin iRedAdmin ep phpMyAdmin or with the user postmaster@ricardo.pt).

"
DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

Unable to connect to the database!
Please contact your server-administrator.
"

Thanks