Topic: Implementing account-based mail redirecting with Postfix.
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I wonder how I can implement account-based mail redirecting with Postfix.
It works like this:
1 the system creates an inbox for every sender who just signed up (e.g., some registration page);
2 a sender authenticates himself with Postfix (e.g., through Dovecot SASL);
3 he then connects to Postfix to send an email (e.g., through PHP);
4 Postfix redirects this email to a local inbox dedicated to that particular sender, for inspection later.
This system would allow multiple sender accounts, with each account having a separate inbox.
Many posts on the internet tell you how to redirect all emails to a specified user with a virtual alias table, but my need is different in that the redirecting is based on the sender's account.
Thank you so much.