Topic: DMARC error when mails are forwarded to GMail
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? dl
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Deb 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nging
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I'm using iredmail in "myserver" to forward all the mails received for firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com
No problem in 99 % of cases, but when I receive a mail from a VIP client (firstname.lastname@example.org) Gmail bounces it and return me this error :
Feb 2 08:44:09 myserver postfix/smtp: 35EC520083: to=<email@example.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[22.214.171.124]:25, delay=0.13, delays=0/0/0.06/0.06, dsn=5.7.26, status=bounced (host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[126.96.36.199] said: 550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from otherdomain.com is not accepted due to domain's 550-5.7.26 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of otherdomain.com domain if 550-5.7.26 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit 550-5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the 550 5.7.26 DMARC initiative. p10si8519147wrm.536 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))
firstname.lastname@example.org > email@example.com > firstname.lastname@example.org
GMail is receiving from @mydomain IP but the teorical sender is @otherdomain.com, so DMARC policy fails ...
I'm very newbie in iredmail, please, what I'm doing wrong ???
Thanks a lot ...