Topic: Which CentOS version for an install from scratch: old 7 or newer 8?
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Few months ago I installed CentOS 7 and iRedMail for testing purpose.
Now I have to install a production server from scratch, I would use CentOS as I tested it.
But now CentOS 8 is out there, so.. which version is better to use installing from zero.. older, tested, v.7 or new and "long life" v.8?
someone already used v.8 out there?