Topic: Hosted domain not receiving mail from server

I recently installed iredmail-pro version 1.0 MYSQL on Ubuntu 18.04 using apache. I have a domain (let's say server.com) that has a web server that sends reports as though they're coming from noreply@server.com. I want iredmail to host email user accounts as server.com but every time I add server.com in my list of managed domains then the other domains I host don't receive the emailed reports coming from the web server. I added the ip of the webserver to the whitelist and greylist exceptions but it didn't change anything. I know iredmail is expecting the origin of the email to be localhost but it's not. How can I make this work? My spf records for server.com do have the IP of the web server to be trusted.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Hosted domain not receiving mail from server

The problem is, if you manage domain1 on the iredmilserver and another server sends as noreply@domain1, it expects the sender as a local user.

If you have the possibility to change the sender of the webserver to something else, or send the reports via smtp auth, the problem should be solved

What’s the related error in Postfix log file? We need the log for troubleshooting.

Below is what I found in a log file:

Feb 11 02:00:03 mail postfix/smtpd[11074]: connect from ec2-ip.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com[ip]
Feb 11 02:00:03 mail postfix/smtpd[11074]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from ec2-ip.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com[ip]: 550 5.1.0 <reports@domain.com>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<reports@domain.com> to=<me@mydomain.info> proto=ESMTP helo=<fax.domain.com>
Feb 11 02:00:03 mail postfix/smtpd[11074]: disconnect from ec2-ip.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com[ip] ehlo=1 mail=1 rcpt=0/1 data=0/1 rset=1 quit=1 commands=4/6

I see iRedmail is complaining about me not having that user account under the domain. Perhaps if I create that account it will let it go through even though it's from an external IP?

Just tested and it worked. I created reports@companydomain.com, voicemail@companydomain.com, and fax@companydomain.com accounts that won't actually be used in iRedmail and now mypersonaldomain.info gets the emails coming from the external server. Wish that wasn't necessary to have junk accounts but for now it works.