Topic: Problem

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installar
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? iRedAdmin
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,

I need sone help with my iredmail 1.1 / fetchmail

We have a domain in readyhosting.com with all my mails accounts with our domain kakata.com

I want to replace my old mailtrak server so i installed iredmail server to serve all emails account locally. We will use the roundcube to receive and send emails locally from this server.
The iredmail will run locally but will download all emails from readyhosting(kakata.com) using fetchmail and send emails with the relay options to use kakata.com as relay hosts.

Everythings is working fine to send emails, but i have a problem to receive emils correctly from the remote server with the fetchmail.

My fetchmailrc is:

set postmaster "postmaster@kakata.com"
set no bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail.log"
set daemon 20
poll "pop.readyhosting.com"
with protocol pop3
user "dummy@kakata.com" there with password "DUMMYdummy2020" is "dummy@kakata.com" here

The problem is when the fetchmail program download the mail from remote dummy@kakata.com email account, it doesn't deliver to the same locally account.
If i use different target account, it works. For example if i change:

user "dummy@kakata.com" there with password "DUMMYdummy2020" is "test@kakata.com" here

In this case it works by sending the dummy@kakata.com mail from the remote server to the "test@kakata.com" account on the local server.

I think the problem is because both domains name are the same,  but i need both local and remote to be the same domain (kakata.com)

I will really appreciate any help.

Regards,
Carlos

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problem

You can't access a mailbox on another server, if the domain is hosted locally. it will always try to handly if the mailaccount is hosted locally

Cthulhu wrote:

You can't access a mailbox on another server, if the domain is hosted locally. it will always try to handly if the mailaccount is hosted locally

Hello Cthulhu,

Other email servers like my old mailtraq and lansuit works without problem or special configuration. On the other hand if I change the recipient account to other account with the same domain it works on iredmail.
Maybe it need a script or other parameter to turn off this validation.
Any ideas?

Carlos

Here's a sample fetchmail configuration, tested and works, for your reference:

#set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail.log"
set postmaster "postmaster@domain.com"
set no bouncemail
#set no spambounce
set showdots
set properties ""

# fetch every 120 seconds.
set daemon 120

poll pop3.server.com protocol pop3
    # Use LMTP for delivery
    user "<remote-user>" pass "<remote-password>" is "<local-user>" smtphost "/var/run/dovecot/lmtp"

It uses Dovecot LMTP service (socket) to deliver fetched message.
Let me know how it works for you.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Here's a sample fetchmail configuration, tested and works, for your reference:

#set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail.log"
set postmaster "postmaster@domain.com"
set no bouncemail
#set no spambounce
set showdots
set properties ""

# fetch every 120 seconds.
set daemon 120

poll pop3.server.com protocol pop3
    # Use LMTP for delivery
    user "<remote-user>" pass "<remote-password>" is "<local-user>" smtphost "/var/run/dovecot/lmtp"

It uses Dovecot LMTP service (socket) to deliver fetched message.
Let me know how it works for you.

Hello ZhangHuangbin,

It worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Carlos