Topic: NOQUEUE - new migration
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.1 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? download
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I recently had an issue where a server migration didn't work. I was able to run the SQL code one more time and get that working.
I am now getting NOQUEUE errors for email accounts - see error below.
I checked permissions within /var/vmail/vmail1 and everything is owned by vmail with 700 permissions. I rsync'd from my other server to this one. What else should I check?
Mar 7 23:44:28 server postfix/submission/smtpd: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[IPv6]: 554 5.7.1 <unknown[IPv6]>: Client host rejected: Access denied; from=<firstname.lastname@example.org> to=<email@example.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<[IPv6:IPv6]>