Topic: iredapd w amavisd integration

It looks like iredapd and amavisd can both have separate settings for things like spam scores and whether or not to quarantine messages.

Eg... amavisd has quaranting banned messages turned on in its config file. The checkbox wasn't checked for iredapd.

So... who wins? Is iredapd calling amavisd with commandline options to override the internally configured amavisd options?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredapd w amavisd integration

dwbotsch wrote:

It looks like iredapd and amavisd can both have separate settings for things like spam scores and whether or not to quarantine messages.

iRedAPD doesn't manage spam scores and quarantine settings, but Amavisd does.

dwbotsch wrote:

Eg... amavisd has quaranting banned messages turned on in its config file. The checkbox wasn't checked for iredapd.

What checkbox? I don't recall there's a checkbox for iRedAPD to quarantine message. Could you help capture a screenshot of the iRedAdmin-Pro page to help me understand this?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What checkbox? I don't recall there's a checkbox for iRedAPD to quarantine message. Could you help capture a screenshot of the iRedAdmin-Pro page to help me understand this?

iredadmin-pro - System - Global Spam Policy

for each of Spam, virus, bad header, and banned file type checking there are "enable" and "Quarantine" checkboxes.

Then there's optionsto "mark mail as spam when score is >=" and "Block or quarantine marked spam when score is >=
" and "Always insert X-Spam-* headers"

when I looked at that, the "enable" checkboxes were all checked, none of the "quarantine" ones were even though amavisd is indeed quaranting mails.

I'm not entirely sure whether the spamassasin number defaults from this web page are being used or what's in amavisd's conf is being used.

Screenshot attached.

Actually attaching the screenshot this time.

Post's attachments

iredadmin-spam.png 93.35 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

- This is just Amavisd integration, no iRedAPD involved.
- Could you try to turn on debug mode in Amavisd and trigger the issue again, then extract all related log here for troubleshooting?
FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.amavisd.html

6 (edited by dwbotsch 2020-03-21 02:49:12)

so what do those checkboxes edit... the amavisd conf file? Or something else?
and what talks to what talks to what? Seems stuff can be configured in any order or even have things triggered multiple times in multiple places.

Thanks.

dwbotsch wrote:

It updates the "amavisd" SQL database, mostly table "amavisd.policy".

dwbotsch wrote:

and what talks to what talks to what? Seems stuff can be configured in any order or even have things triggered multiple times in multiple places.

With default iRedMail setting, Amavisd reads its config files (e.g. /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf on CentOS,  /etc/amavis/conf.d/* on Debian/Ubuntu) first, then queries SQL database "amavisd" to read and override the settings read from config files.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
dwbotsch wrote:

It updates the "amavisd" SQL database, mostly table "amavisd.policy".

dwbotsch wrote:

With default iRedMail setting, Amavisd reads its config files (e.g. /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf on CentOS,  /etc/amavis/conf.d/* on Debian/Ubuntu) first, then queries SQL database "amavisd" to read and override the settings read from config files.

So if I understand you correctly, what is in the SQL database from iredadmin pro will/should override what is in the amavisd config files?

Thanks.

PS From the amavisd configs, how do I determine which it looks at first and which second?

Amavisd reads config file first, then query SQL db.