Topic: Throttle outbound quota
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: iRedAdmin-Pro
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
1) Once throttle outbound quota exceeds user not able to sends email from any mail client (outlook, Thunderbird) and bounce back with below mention error
'Server error: '554 5.7.1 <firstname.lastname@example.org> Recipient address rejected: Quota exceeded'
It is confusing to users, users considering mail box quota get full.
please let me know how to modify this error message or exact location of file.
I want to set error message like below
'Server error: '554 5.7.1 <email@example.com> Recipient address rejected: Outgoing Quota exceeded'.
2) I have notice that when throttle outbound quota exceeds the limit, then mail client (outlook, Thunderbird) are not able send emails however users using soho are able to send. So it seems that the outbound throttle does not apply to the localhost ip.
How do I change this so the restrictions apply to sogo (webmail) users too.