Topic: Sogo 504 Gateway Timeout

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.

=====

dear all

i had faced this problem sometimes when using  Sogo its not working and  show this message :

Sogo 504 Gateway Timeout

the log appears this :

[ERROR] <0x0x55be5eeacb40[WOWatchDog]> unable to listen on specified port, check that no other process is already using it

after restart server its all work fine, but i want solution for this problem not to make restart every time its appears.

best regards.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sogo 504 Gateway Timeout

mqanadelo wrote:

unable to listen on specified port, check that no other process is already using it

this only happens when some sogo child process(es) is still running and you’re trying to restart sogo service.

Did you see any other error in sogo log file?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mqanadelo wrote:

unable to listen on specified port, check that no other process is already using it

this only happens when some sogo child process(es) is still running and you’re trying to restart sogo service.

Did you see any other error in sogo log file?

No, just this one.

so, if i dont restart sogo service again its will not happen ?

best regards.

This is a SOGo "issue".

Sometimes stoping or restarting SOGo service doesn't kill all SOGo child processes, in this case you have to kill them manually with the "kill -9 <pid>" command, then start/restart sogo service again.

i will try it when the problem occurs again

thanks a lot zhang.

best regards.