Topic: Centos 8

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,

Is it possible to install iredmail on centos8 already?

Re: Centos 8

Many packages are missing in EPEL repo, we're waiting for that. sad

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Many packages are missing in EPEL repo, we're waiting for that. sad

Hi,

any news on that?
As far as I can see there are already over 4400 packages available in EPEL.

thx

Regards,
Robert

wondering the same.
8.1 is out.

Im holding back 2 new iredmail installs ... i dont want to use 7 now.

It’s Chinese New Year here, national holiday, I have to postpone the CentOS 8 support for 2 weeks. Sorry about this. sad

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

well - for me that sounds good smile
Happy Holiday than - lookin forward for the CentOS 8.1 support.

Dear all,

Currently we miss 2 required packages in CentOS 8.1, and i need your help to make it happen.

• php-imap

• postfix-pcre. Used by Postfix for PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) support, you can verify it with command "postconf -m". iRedMail uses several PCRE lookup tables. According to RedHat 8 document, postfix-pcre is available, but it doesn't. There's also a bug report in RedHat buzilla, also user report in CentOS forum.

• uwsgi (and all its sub-packages like uwsgi-plugin-python2, uwsgi-logger-syslog). uwsgi is a WSGI server, used to run mlmmjadmin, iRedAdmin(-Pro). Latest Fedora release has uwsgi packages, there's bug report in Red Hat bugzilla (reported few months ago). I sent email to uwsgi (EPEL) package maintainer about 1 month ago, no reply yet. If there's other (Python) WSGI server like "gunicorn" available, we can adopt to gunicorn too, but neither exists.

I need your help to contact package maintainers to help submit the packages. They all were present in RedHat/CentOS official repo of EPEL for RedHat/CentOS 7, it should not be hard to build it on 8.

There were more missed while CentOS 8 was released, e.g. dovecot-pigeonhole (sieve server), postfix-ldap, but they are available now.

----

buy me a cup of coffee

8 (edited by Frankstar 2020-01-23 18:00:40)

uwsgi -> couldnt we install it via `pip install uwsgi` ? thats the way i installed it in the past.
uwsgi-logger-syslog -> The syslog plugin is embedded in the binary when you install uwsgi via pip

why postfix-pcre is missing .... weird .... will contact maintainer.

Frankstar wrote:

uwsgi -> couldnt we install it via `pip install uwsgi` ? thats the way i installed it in the past.

Sure we can do it this way, but better install a RPM from CentOS repo and get update with 'yum update'.

----

buy me a cup of coffee

Hello, any updates on Centos 8 support?

CentOS 8 support is done in iRedMail Easy platform, but still need some time to test it.
Downloadable iRedMail installer will catch up later.

----

buy me a cup of coffee

Hi, similar question here, when do you think can we install on Centos 8 (without easy), but through the installer?

iRedMail Easy will support CentOS 8 first, then the downloadable installer.

----

buy me a cup of coffee

Dear all,

You can try CentOS 8 with the iRedMail Easy platform now:
https://www.iredmail.org/easy.html

----

buy me a cup of coffee

Dear all,

CentOS 8 support is now available in the latest development edition, you can download from GitHub for testing. All 3 backends are supported: MariaDB, PostgreSQL, OpenLDAP.

Note: it may be still buggy, don’t try it on production yet.

https://github.com/iredmail/iRedMail

Give the repo a star please, send me cup of coffee too. smile

----

buy me a cup of coffee

16 (edited by pbf343 2020-03-26 04:31:31)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Dear all,

CentOS 8 support is now available in the latest development edition, you can download from GitHub for testing. All 3 backends are supported: MariaDB, PostgreSQL, OpenLDAP.

Note: it may be still buggy, don’t try it on production yet.

Has anyone tried it out yet and how is it going so far?

It does not appear listed as supported on the web site yet...

I did some tests, but at this moment SOGo still do not support CentOS 8, so calendar is missing.

Zhang did a great job, but I think even him can't do anything until all the pieces of the puzzle are on the table..