Topic: ARC support in iRedMail

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? DL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

The larger eMail providers (Microsoft/Google) are now using ARC ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authentic … ived_Chain ) and I was wondering about support for it in iRedMail?

I see that Trusted Domain Project and Google amongst others are authors of the RFC-8617.
Surprising that TDP is involved, given the OpenDMARC and OpenDKIM seem abandoned and their website appears 6years without update.

Still, I see that RSPAMd supports DMARC/DKIM/SPF/ARC.
I think that the ARC support in iRedMail would likely fall under amavisd-new because DKIM is there.

I don't see any evidence that amavisd-new is planning to support ARC (yet).

Have you thought about ARC? 
Are you waiting for amavisd-new to support it?
Would you replace the anti-spam solution in iRedMail to be rspamd?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Rob.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: ARC support in iRedMail

There’s no mature (working), open source, independent (single purpose) ARC software yet.

Rspamd supports arc, integrating it should also replace Amavisd + SpamAssassin (optional, but no reason to have different softwares for same feature), but that’s too much work for now.

I’m afraid that we have to wait.