1 (edited by nowhere99 2020-04-03 02:47:41)

Topic: Sogo updated, now everyone has bad usernm/passwd

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubutnu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Sogo got updated by ubuntu system update and now all users logging into sogo get a wrong username/password message. The sogo logs are not helpful, just stating that the password may not have worked. The sogo version stayed in the V4 family so I don't suspect a database scheme change (there's no 4.x -> 4.3 schema update script.

Where do I start to troubleshoot this? THANKS!

UPDATE: There may be some useful info in the debug logging
ERROR No Authentication sources defined - nobody will be able to login. Check your defaults

I need to find what the config is supposed to look like for MySQL authentication...

UPDATE 2:
Is the config file suppose to have double slashes before each line?

/* Debug */
  //SOGoDebugRequests = YES;
  //SoDebugBaseURL = YES;
  //ImapDebugEnabled = YES;
  //LDAPDebugEnabled = YES;
  //PGDebugEnabled = YES;
  //MySQL4DebugEnabled = YES;
  //SOGoUIxDebugEnabled = YES;
  //WODontZipResponse = YES;
  //WOLogFile = /var/log/sogo/sogo.log;

This looks like my entire config file is now commented out. It's also all wrong. It's calling out Postgresql DB. Looks like the update wiped out my config even tho it was told to use the current.
Eric

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sogo updated, now everyone has bad usernm/passwd

I think I solved it, brute force. There were three conf files, all renamed to some backup name. One, seemed to have the correct configuration junk in it but wouldn't let sogo start properly if I just used it. Two others seem to be some default example config files with nothing correct in them, one of which had been copied to sogo.conf. I scrapped that one, copied the one that had SOME correct info in it, uninstalled sogo (sudo apt-get remove sogo) and reinstalled. No prompts for conf or anything, but the package manager did change the file. Restarted sogo and it seems to be working now.

Why can't these things ever go smooth?

Anyway, seems to be working now...

Eric

nowhere99 wrote:

Why can't these things ever go smooth?

It's the sogo packaging issue, not iRedMail. sad

4 (edited by pksings 2021-03-21 05:08:13)

I upgraded SOGO and it wrote over my sogo.conf, the backup copy does not work either. And I just found out that my backups are corrupt, asking for encryption password when they are not encrypted by me.

Roundcube is letting me still get to my email, but I really miss having the calendar on my phone.

Tiny server, 2 users. Using mysql, not postgres.

I will gladly pay for a help incident if you can tell me what how to fix it.

Thanks in advance. I love this product, worked really well until this upgrade.

Paul Kelly

UPdate.... I downloaded the iRedmail.tgz file and extracted sogo.conf.sample, copied into /etc/sogo/ and now it seems to be fixed. Testing.....

NOT fixed. Thunderbird can login and get mail but after a few minutes it asks for password and will not accept it.  I'm out of ideas.

pksings wrote:

I upgraded SOGO and it wrote over my sogo.conf, the backup copy does not work either. And I just found out that my backups are corrupt, asking for encryption password when they are not encrypted by me.

Usually it can be fixed by restoring the sogo.conf generated by iRedMail, you can find it under /etc/sogo/.

Please check /var/log/sogo/sogo.log to figure out why SOGo doesn't work well.