Topic: deleted mail list still can be sent to

I had successfully configured mailman with iredmail but i can only sent to a list which had never been created on iredadmin. Even after i deleted that list, I still can send an email to it.

I also found out that i had to manually remove that particular entry on each member of that list from their memberOfGroup entry from ldap web interface.

The problem is, there are 1k+ users and to do that could cost me a lot of time. Any tips on automating this task?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: deleted mail list still can be sent to

Ideally, iRedAdmin-Pro will remove 'memberOfGroup' from users after you delete the mail list. What's the situation when you deleting one list? time out?

Does these steps work:

- Re-create this mail list with iRedAdmin-Pro. Ideally, you can see existing members.
- Remove this list again.

I tried creating that list again and I can see that all its members are there.

There's no timeout when I deleted that list and I still can sent email to that list afterward.

May i know which version of iRedAdmin-Pro you use? It could be a bug of iRedAdmin, i will test it with same version.

it is versio 1.3.0

grepmaster wrote:

The problem is, there are 1k+ users and to do that could cost me a lot of time. Any tips on automating this task?

May i know below settings in your OpenLDAP config file (slapd.conf)?

sizelimit
cachesize

If you have 1K+ users, please make sure you have 'sizelimit' equal to or larger than user number (1K+).

Both were set to 2000

Quick answer: it's a bug in v1.3.0, but it was fixed in v1.4.0.

You can test it with v1.4.0 in our demo site:
http://www.iredmail.org/admin_demo.html

Since v1.4.0 will be available on Feb 01, i won't release a patch for v1.3.0. But you can fix it quickly with below steps:

- Open file libs/ldaplib/maillist.py, find below line (about line 220):

result_curMembers = self.members(domain=self.domain, mail=self.mail, memberType='current',)

- Change memberType='current' to memberType='internal'. like this:

result_curMembers = self.members(domain=self.domain, mail=self.mail, memberType='internal',)

Thanks very much for your feedback. smile