Topic: Upgrade to 1.2: "Improved last login track" Problem

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.1.0 (updated step by step from 0.9.8)
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS (most recent updates installed)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

I am working on the upgrade form verison 1.1.0 to 1.2.0. Follwoing the tutorial, there is a fix described in "Improved last login track", where I am not able to find any key "last_login_key" in the /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf file nor the file /etc/dovecot/dovecot-last-login.conf itself.

According to the explaination, this was anyway added with version 1.0, but there is no corresponding description for adding those feature in the upgrade doc from 0.9.9 to 1.0.0.

How to add this - it seems an useful feature - or sadly just to ignoring it?

Thx!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade to 1.2: "Improved last login track" Problem

Same here on my server. I followed the proposed upgrade path since 0.9.7, without skipping a single step.
Upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 was flawless, until I reached the instructions to change contents of /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf (no line containing "last_login_key" parameter in that file) and /etc/dovecot/dovecot-last-login.conf (no such file).
Apart from the last two steps mentioned above, iRedMail is now on V1.2 and running ok.
Can I continue use it in production, or how can I find out what is missing now?

- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2 (updated step by step from 0.9.7)
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS (most recent updates installed)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL/MariaDB

sec-trans wrote:

Same here on my server. I followed the proposed upgrade path since 0.9.7, without skipping a single step.
Upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 was flawless, until I reached the instructions to change contents of /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf (no line containing "last_login_key" parameter in that file) and /etc/dovecot/dovecot-last-login.conf (no such file).
Apart from the last two steps mentioned above, iRedMail is now on V1.2 and running ok.
Can I continue use it in production, or how can I find out what is missing now?

I don't think it's mission critical. Obviously the system was properly working without that functionality during version 1.0 and 1.1 running period - as long the lack of that functionality was remaining hidden.

- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2 (updated step by step from 0.9.7)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL/MariaDB

+1

Follow this steps to implement last user login: https://docs.iredmail.org/track.user.last.login.html
It should be noted that those steps are optional, only to be followed if you implemented last user login.

Dear all,

Sorry about this mistake, I didn’t mention how to enable “track user last login” in upgrade tutorial for iRedMail-1.0, but the tutorials have been updated with related links and documents. Refresh the iRedMail upgrade tutorials will give you detailed info.

And here’s the full tutorial to enable it:
https://docs.iredmail.org/track.user.last.login.html

Note: if you run iRedAdmin-Pro, it should be useful if you to checkout
Login date.