Topic: Never-ending-spam-fighting - how to block sending server?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):      2020041601
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? WebEasy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04. LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
====

Hi there,
blocking an SENDER (FROM) of an email is pretty easy. But how do I block the sending smtp-server?

RECEIVED from ams.airetsa.net (ams.airetsa.net [134.122.124.221]) by mail.4d-consulting.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id AF2CB60112 for <palmer@somedomain.com>; Sun, 19 Apr 2020 06:26:02 +0200 (CEST)

Can I enter  "@.airetsa.net" into the blacklist? Guess so not... I could block the IP address.

Some function like "if mail header contrains 'airetsa.net' ...." would be nice, but how to do?

Greetings,
Peter

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Never-ending-spam-fighting - how to block sending server?

p.schumacher wrote:

Can I enter  "@.airetsa.net" into the blacklist? Guess so not... I could block the IP address.

You can block @.airetsa.net if you want, also the IP address.

p.schumacher wrote:

Some function like "if mail header contrains 'airetsa.net' ...." would be nice, but how to do?

This should be done with Postfix header_checks.

You're running iRedMail server deployed with iRedMail Easy platform, header check config file is /opt/iredmail/custom/postfix/header_checks.pcre (instead of /etc/postfix/header_checks.pcre).

FYI: http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html

Re: Never-ending-spam-fighting - how to block sending server?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
p.schumacher wrote:

You can block @.airetsa.net if you want, also the IP address.

Even if the FROM domain is different from the domain of the smtp server?