Topic: Maillist external member problem on iRedadmin 1.3.0

We have created a maillist (e.g. maillist@domain.com)

Using moderator mode.

We have put in around 66 external members.

But if we want to delete the external members, we receive the below error and all external members couldn't delete.

Error: Internal (implementation specific) error

If we attempt to delete the whole maillist (maillist@domain.com), we will receive below error message.

Error: {'maillist@domain.com': "{'info': 'entry index delete failed', 'desc': 'Internal (implementation specific) error'}"}

If we create the maillist@domain.com, it got same content as previous (66 external members).

Please kindly advice how to fix the problem

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Maillist external member problem on iRedadmin 1.3.0

External members are placed under "ou=Externals,domainName=domain.com,o=domains,dc=iredmail,dc=org", you can delete the mail list with phpLDAPadmin.

It's better to paste me detail log in /var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log, that's helpful for troubleshooting.

We tried to remove from phpldapadmin, but it got the same error message.  Please find below error message.

phpldapadmin
Could not perform ldap_modify operation.
LDAP said:    Internal (implementation specific) error
Error number:    0x50 (LDAP_OTHER)
Description:

ssl_access_log
<IP ADDRESS> - - [02/Dec/2010:12:40:21 +0000] "GET /iredadmin/profile/        maillist/members/<user@domain.com>/external?msg=%20Internal%20(imple        mentation%20specific)%20error HTTP/1.1" 200 2400

(Beside, I tried to restart the service, but it also doesn't work.

I guess you have incorrect file permission on /var/lib/ldap/ or its sub-directories, files. Please check them first, if so, a 'chown -R' should fix it.

the permission is correct under the directory. I also run the chown -R ldap:ldap * but it couldn't work.  The other maillist are working fine only 1 of them get this error (as I just create a new maillist and then add and remove the members, it works fine.)

I even tried to chmod -R 777 on /var/lib/ldap  then restart the service
chown -R ldap:ldap /var/lib/ldap then restart the service
stop the service, then slapd_db_recover -h /var/lib/ldap and then start the service again

that entry still not work.  Please advice.  Thanks.

In result, we found the memberofgroup cannot modify or delete.  even I try to run the command line but it show the same error message.

IREDADMIN
Error: {'maillist@domain.com': "{'info': 'entry index delete failed', 'desc': 'Internal (implementation specific) error'}"}

deleting entry "memberOfGroup=<maillist name>,ou=Externals,domainName=<domain.com>,o=domains,dc=domain,dc=com"
ldapmodify: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
    additional info: entry index delete failed

Did you try to rebuild index of your ldap database with "slapindex"?

After did some research, some possible reasons:
1: incorrect file permission of /var/lib/ldap/ and it's sub-directories. Reference: http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/app … e%20failed (C.2.8)

2: You're running a replica openldap server (Slave), which doesn't accept modify requests.

3: Indexes are out-of-date.

How to run rebuild index??  I didn't try this.

1. The permission case I tried but not work as I tried to do the chmod 777 and redo the chown once.  Get the same result and the case is only for 1 record and not for all.

2. Only 1 ldap server running.

3. How can I check this is updated or outdated?

You can try:

- Use 'slapcat' to dump whole ldap data. Verify the backup copy is correct.
- Remove /var/lib/ldap/xxx/. WARNING: You should backup /var/lib/ldap/xxx/DB_CONFIG first.
- Import your backup copy.

We tried to restart do all things and finally can remove the external list.  But we found there has a problem on adding the external list. 

We have about 100 email on the list, it cannot add all of them.  And we found the max is 44 now and couldn't add extra more at the moment.  Please kindly advice.  Thanks.

bongdotcom wrote:

We have about 100 email on the list, it cannot add all of them.  And we found the max is 44 now and couldn't add extra more at the moment.  Please kindly advice.  Thanks.

I will test it and reply here later. Thanks for your feedback. smile

Hi, @bongdotcom.

I can add 100 external members in a mail list.
All your 100 members internal or external members?

all are external members. 

We found strange problem.  We can add the list on external moderator, add to alias, but only cannot add to the external members.

Temp. we solve the problem using the alias and put the alias on the external member.  But it is not a long term solution.

That's strange, it works for me here. Still no idea yet why it doesn't work for you, sorry. sad

I also found out there has an internal member problem.  We can only add 130 out of 2386.  Will it cause by system bugs?

The problem has not been fixed on this issue.  I am now checking the schema files.  Can you send me the related schema files as I want to make sure they are same as your latest schema and the conf files.  Moreover, I am using openldap-2.3.43-3.el5.  Are you using the same openldap version too?