Topic: Failed to receive email from instagram

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): V2.8.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I cannot receive email from instagram getting the following error

Helo command rejected: ACCESS DENIED. Your email was rejected because the sending mail server appears to be on a dynamic IP address that should not be doing direct mail delivery (69-171-232-133); from=<case++aazsgkqjlztpmg@support.instagram.com> to=<a@d.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<69-171-232-133.mail-mail.facebook.com

Please assist

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Failed to receive email from instagram

You will need to whitelist this in /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre

Add this

/^o\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}\.mail-mail\.facebook\.com$/ DUNNO

And make sure it is above this line, as the order in this file matters

/(\d{1,3}[\.-]\d{1,3}[\.-]\d{1,3}[\.-]\d{1,3})/ REJECT ACCESS DENIED. Your email was rejected because the sending mail server appears to be on a dynamic IP address that should not be doing direct mail delivery (${1})

3 (edited by kasetka 2022-05-17 14:37:06)

I wonder if other Meta platforms still have the same problems? It amuses me! They changed the name, but their weaknesses remain the same. I believe any change should be justified. If you have changed the brand name, make sure it is known through achievements. Instagram should be reformed soon. I think it can be simpler and more accessible. New users don't need to read hundreds of articles about how to repost on instagram - 1394ta or change their privacy settings. I hope I'll see the time when Instagram becomes a normal network.

I have the same problem and it still not fixed
How can I recive the email from instagram?
https://forum.iredmail.org/post84317.html#p84317