1 (edited by BitRig 2020-06-10 03:07:38)

Topic: Issues with mail server... or DNS

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.21.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): SQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Not yet
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello everyone,

I've got a small problem with my mail server.
After setting up the DNS records and reinstalling Debian yesterday, I cannot send or receive mails via internet.
There are no reports about undeliverability. Also I can't enter the interface via www, but I can ping it successfully.
Local access works perfectly.

Help is appreciated smile

Here's a screenshot of my (maybe faulty) DNS configuration.

Post's attachments

settings.png
settings.png 109.26 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Issues with mail server... or DNS

If you have a Forex trading plan with an automated approach, you can program your automated trading software to analyse and traffic the markets 24 hours a day, which allows you to seize all potential trading opportunities.
Joke irrevocable promote of Forex auto trading software is that the marketing incentives to procure individual packages, which effectiveness pay you auxiliary tools for trading.
that you know how to start auto Forex trading, with both free and paid options, as well as the steps to cause started in MetaTrader, we choice outline four elements that can help you decide the best automated trading strategy.
When you're all things distinct automated trading software, you'll come across that some firms take care of video constituents of software programs functioning in the merchandise, purchasing, and selling currency pairs.
In act, you can check-up automated trading strategies using Crackerjack Advisors in MetaTrader Supreme Edition, a plugin that includes: The trading simulator The Mini Wire
On this attendant even so, we ambition to discuss serious and rapport auto trading systems.
Practised Advisors (EAs) MetaQuotes' MetaTrader 4 (MT4) is the home policy of forex robots called Experienced Advisors (EAs).
That said, the real know-how of a working forex drudge is quite unimpressive.
Your best venture to find a working forex robot is that being so to pore via feedback provided aside actual users.
By definition, technical analysis uses sometime text to try to draw conclusions concerning approaching assay swings.
Automated forex trading allows retail investors to determine a escape away from vade-mecum trades, which can be cumbersome in today's market.

https://en.liberapay.com/fxzig/

3 (edited by MuPp3t33r 2020-06-10 14:53:36)

are "mail" "office" and "www" all the same host IP address? I see you have a root MX record for both "mail" and "office"
Unless you are doing round-robin with multiple mail gateways or some kind of HA/Failover system then you should only have one MX for your root

Have you checked in /var/log/mail.log for errors when sending mails?
Login to SSH and run tail -f /var/log/mail.log then send an email and see what errors happen.

Unrelated to your issues, you should also complete your SPF and DKIM records

MuPp3t33r wrote:

are "mail" "office" and "www" all the same host IP address? I see you have a root MX record for both "mail" and "office"
Unless you are doing round-robin with multiple mail gateways or some kind of HA/Failover system then you should only have one MX for your root

Have you checked in /var/log/mail.log for errors when sending mails?
Login to SSH and run tail -f /var/log/mail.log then send an email and see what errors happen.

Unrelated to your issues, you should also complete your SPF and DKIM records

"mail" is the host. "office" has been removed, not neccessary. "www" is just the web-access. And yep, it's all the same host with same IP. I wasn't clear if SPF is complete, but DKIM is - I just deleted the key to take the screenshot smile

Well, according to some guides I probably found the mistake. After logging in to iredadmin the system info show me the hosts local ip address (192.168.XXX.XX). Shouldn't it be the public ip?

Are you hosting the server on premises or do you have it in a VPS?

MuPp3t33r wrote:

Are you hosting the server on premises or do you have it in a VPS?

Oh, I should have mentioned it. It's a virtual machine.

I assume you have set up the correct port forwards on your router?
If you can telnet to your public IP on port 25 from the internet (not your local network) then you should be set to receive incoming mails. If you cannot telnet to 25 then check your port forwards are correct and your ISP does not block port 25.

Do try what I suggested about the logs when you send an email so we can understand where it is failing.

It is correct that iRedAdmin will display the host IP, not the public, unless in a VPS for example then your host would be on a public IP

MuPp3t33r wrote:

I assume you have set up the correct port forwards on your router?
If you can telnet to your public IP on port 25 from the internet (not your local network) then you should be set to receive incoming mails. If you cannot telnet to 25 then check your port forwards are correct and your ISP does not block port 25.

Do try what I suggested about the logs when you send an email so we can understand where it is failing.

It is correct that iRedAdmin will display the host IP, not the public, unless in a VPS for example then your host would be on a public IP

My holy.... thanks for the hint with the port. I checked my router again and I had to reconfig the ip address of my server and edit the ports.

But my email provider (web.de) seems to be blocking my host. I can't receive any mails on my main accounts on the web. Receiving emails on the server works perfectly.

----
(delivery temporarily suspended: host mx-ha02.web.de[212.227.17.8] refused to talk to me: 554-web.de (mxweb113) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available 554-No SMTP service 554-IP address is black listed. 554 For explanation visit https://web.de/email/senderguidelines?i … &c=bl)
----

If you are on a consumer grade ISP and not paying for a static IP or business class internet service, then your external IP address is probably in a block of blacklisted IP's.
https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
For example, my home IP: 74.128.81.141 is in the blacklisted range. ISP's do this on purpose to keep spam infected machines from sending spam.

If you really must operate from your home network then you are likely going to have to do either of the following:

1) Upgrade your internet service package to something preferably with a static IP which does not have ISP port restrictions. (recommended)
2) Use an external mail gateway that you host in a VPS and can deliver your emails to your on-premises server via another port
3) Utilize an external mail gateway solution such as Mimecast - equivalent to the above but not a self-hosted solution. (kinda pricey but in an enterprise environment it is so well worth it)