Topic: amavisd drops outgoing mail

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? dl
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Maria
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Jun 22 15:44:05 mail03 amavis[4160]: (04160-08) Blocked BANNED (.asc,highlight.js) {DiscardedInternal,Quarantined}, ORIGINATING LOCAL [##..##.##.##]:43064 [##.##.##.##] <user@domain> -> , quarantine: yp_QkTpmvJNa, Queue-ID: 36BA913821FC, Message-ID: <47BAA310-E55C-471D-9609-C520990F5A97@2030-kommunikation.de>, mail_id: yp_QkTpmvJNa, Hits: -, size: 856312, 1174 ms

Hi,

I got reports from a local user, that mail with an attachment does not reach destination on different mail servers. Sending user via SMTP does not receive a message that the mail will not be delivered.
Checking the logs on my side, it seems amavis does discard the message (see log above).
That may or may not be ok, but why does the sending user not receive an info, that the mail is discarded?

Thanks in advance, regards

Jochen
What's the best way to change this behaviour?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: amavisd drops outgoing mail

Hi,

found out that those mails were quarantined. As a postmaster I could release them. But is this correct behaviour? Quarantiaine outgoing mail to foreign mail servers? Again... without informing the sending user?

-JoH

Re: amavisd drops outgoing mail

The log says it's banned (and quarantined) due to contain javascript file ("highlight.js").

Jochen wrote:

But is this correct behaviour? Quarantiaine outgoing mail to foreign mail servers? Again... without informing the sending user?

This is the default setting.