Topic: Cannot Login : Connection to storage server failed

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello, I'm new on setting up Mail Server

i'm using Centos 8 and iRedMail V1.2.1 with OpenLDAP and Nginx

After i finish all installation step from this tutorials https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to-in … tos-linux/

i can access the web admin portal and creating user smoothly with no problem

But when i want to test my new created user in webmail, i can't login and message is Connection to storage server failed.

Then i go to check error message using # systemctl status dovecot ,and i get this :

Jun 26 07:20:01 digitrans-mailserver dovecot[9044]: master: Dovecot v2.3.8 (9df20d2db) starting up for pop3, imap, sieve, lmtp
Jun 26 07:20:01 digitrans-mailserver dovecot[9053]: doveconf: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -Pn > dovecot-new.conf
Jun 26 07:20:01 digitrans-mailserver dovecot[9053]: doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:43: ssl_protocols has been replaced by ssl_min_protocol
Jun 26 07:20:01 digitrans-mailserver dovecot[9053]: config: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -Pn > dovecot-new.conf
Jun 26 07:20:01 digitrans-mailserver dovecot[9053]: config: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:43: ssl_protocols has been replaced by ssl_min_protocol
Jun 26 07:20:32 digitrans-mailserver dovecot[9053]: imap-login: Login: user=<halo@digitrans.app>, method=LOGIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=9089, secured, session=<yA1>
Jun 26 07:20:32 digitrans-mailserver dovecot[9053]: imap(halo@digitrans.app): Error: Plugin 'imap_stats' not found from directory /usr/lib64/dovecot
Jun 26 07:31:00 digitrans-mailserver dovecot[9053]: imap-login: Login: user=<halo@digitrans.app>, method=LOGIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=9466, secured, session=<z4L>
Jun 26 07:31:00 digitrans-mailserver dovecot[9053]: imap(halo@digitrans.app): Error: Plugin 'imap_stats' not found from directory /usr/lib64/dovecot
Jun 26 07:38:21 digitrans-mailserver dovecot[9053]: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 2 secs): user=<>, rip=196.52.43.128, lip=10.138.15.216, TLS handshaking: Con>
~
also i check on dovecot.log and i get this :

Jun 25 16:03:41 mail dovecot[1294]: master: Dovecot v2.3.8 (9df20d2db) starting up for pop3, imap, sieve, lmtp
Jun 25 16:03:42 mail dovecot[1452]: doveconf: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -Pn > dovecot-new.conf
Jun 25 16:03:42 mail dovecot[1452]: doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:43: ssl_protocols has been replaced by ssl_min_protocol
Jun 25 16:03:42 mail dovecot[1452]: config: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -Pn > dovecot-new.conf
Jun 25 16:03:42 mail dovecot[1452]: config: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:43: ssl_protocols has been replaced by ssl_min_protocol

Jun 26 00:44:13 mail dovecot[1294]: master: Error: service(pop3-login): Initial status notification not received in 30 seconds, killing the process
Jun 26 00:44:13 mail dovecot[1294]: master: Error: service(pop3-login): Initial status notification not received in 30 seconds, killing the process
Jun 26 00:44:39 mail dovecot[8606]: lda: Fatal: Plugin 'stats' not found from directory /usr/lib64/dovecot
Jun 26 00:53:46 mail dovecot[1294]: master: Error: service(auth): Process 8575 is ignoring idle SIGINT
Jun 26 01:59:37 mail dovecot[9428]: lda: Fatal: Plugin 'stats' not found from directory /usr/lib64/dovecot

Then i get the error message in other loge same as "Error: Plugin 'imap_stats' not found from directory"

I already checking all running process is active, also checking dovecot.conf and /etc/hosts is fine

but i had confusing in finding a solution to resolve this error

Kindly please help for any solution suggesting for this error

I would be thankfull for any help...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot Login : Connection to storage server failed

Yess i can login to my webmail using this solution https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.dovecot.2.2-2.3.html

But now when i testing send several mails to gmail and yahoo, the message is sending successful but why on the destination mail didn't receive email that i sucessfuly send, i checked the log and no errors

Could anyone have any suggestion?

I would like to thankfull for any help

Sincerely

maulana11.mha wrote:

But now when i testing send several mails to gmail and yahoo, the message is sending successful but why on the destination mail didn't receive email that i sucessfuly send, i checked the log and no errors

If your server was not able to successfully deliver the mails to yahoo/gmail then you would have received an NDR indicating the reason for failure. Very little we can do without knowing specifically why it did not send.
It would be helpful if you include a copy of the mail log from when you sent the emails (sanitize any personal information if you must, but try not to leave any lines out)
Are you able to receive incoming mails from outside domains, like a gmail account?

I assume your server is: mail.digitrans.app ? (got from your previous logs)
Well I was having a poke around at it and from what I can see:
1) You have not configured your rDNS to match your HELO (probably why your mails didn't deliver)
2) You have not set up your SSL certificates
3) You have not set up DKIM and DMARC records to go with your SPF (none of those 3 are specifically required but they do go a long way in improving your email reputation)

You should consider finishing your server setup before you put it into production

maulana11.mha wrote:

Any related log in Postfix log file?