Topic: How to correctly use rdiff-backup for vmail/vmail1 directory?
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Yes
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Hi everyone! Well, this is more of a "how could I do this"? Rather than an issue:
- I want to use rdiff-backup to create backups of my /var/vmail/vmail1 directory (to backup all my email messages)
- And it would create the backup in a folder that it's actually a mounted directory from a different server
My problem is that it shows me permission errors, like this one:
ListError my-super-domain.com [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/vmail/vmail1/my-super-domain.com'
I think that it could be something related to the permissions of those files:
drwx---r-- 6 vmail vmail 4096 Jun 19 23:02 my-super-domain.com
... or maybe not, I'm totally lost here
Also I tried to do my homework and googled a lot, but everywhere people just use rsync. But I want to use rdiff-backup so I can easily have daily backups that I can restore on demand.
Thank you so much!