Topic: Outlook 365 fails to connect

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

CentOS 7 & MySQL

FirewallD halted.

Playing with clients configuration several times to alter the ports in various attemtps to connect.   Fails to connect according to MS Outlook Test Message.  However, password works on the webmail and shows Outlook test messages a "couple" of times.  Assume during port alterations but IMAP would not sync and client would not "confirm" connection. 

What else can I check and what log would reveal if MS Outlook if actually authenticating correctly?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Outlook 365 fails to connect

Please always show us related log in Postfix (or other related softwares) on iRedMail server, it's hard to troubleshoot based on the brief description.

Re: Outlook 365 fails to connect

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please always show us related log in Postfix (or other related softwares) on iRedMail server, it's hard to troubleshoot based on the brief description.

I agree but in this case I was not sure if I was looking at the correct log(s) as really couldn't find anything for the issue.  Is the actual IMAP connection the point of "value" and is this in maillog or somewhere else? 

Is the logic correct in that:   if Outlook can send a test message but not synch the IMAP folders or send out an email message to any account - Outlook is technically connecting in the IMAP settings and/or the SMTP settings? 

Thank you