1 (edited by jsmith 2020-07-05 23:35:20)

Topic: VPN traffic out from mail server?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): - 1.3, downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian stretch
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): ldap
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi, just out of interest does anyone know why I'm seeing VPN related and other traffic going out from an iRedmail mail server?

Example traffic destinations (all source ports are 80):

54.37.244.206:4500
ns3114160.ip-54-37-244.eu

45.61.142.130:6672
amsterdam-premium-game-1.octovpn.net

195.62.46.92:25565
edge1.ger.enterprise.tcpmitigate.xyz

144.217.178.39:8081
ip39.ip-144-217-178.net

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: VPN traffic out from mail server?

I have the same question, have you found the reason for this?

3 (edited by drakeheyman093 2021-03-14 11:26:07)

This is the first I've heard of it. I also have a mail server and there is no such traffic. With a VPN, too, this does not happen and I cannot even imagine why you have this. I hope that it is safe and it should be otherwise, personally, I would worry about it. Maybe you have something wrong with the VPN. Have you tried using another one? You can see the reviews on PinpointVPN and read more about VPN, maybe there are mentions and traffic like you have. I hope someone more experienced in this matter will be able to explain to us why this is happening and whether it is worth worrying about.

Hi everyone,

Are the OP installed any VPN on the server? Do you want to install the VPN on the server? What is the purpose of this VPN on the server and by what logic will it help and on what grounds?

Replies to the error posts and troubleshooting requests are so slow. When does the Official support team reply to us? For iRedMail only(not easy nor pro) users, is there any other support method, e.g. by email?

Tnx and best of luck