Topic: Forwarding emails to int / ext account and alias

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu server 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Maria DB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Dear Sirs,
I am looking for the best way to have :
1) email forwarding from my server to an external one (ex Gmail) for all incoming emails.
2) How can have inside server emails forwarding/copy? E.x. for the incoming emails to e.x. common@myserver.com to get copy at: mail1@myserver.com as well as to mail2@myserver.com ?
3) How can I setup email aliases for one (or more) email accounts e.x. name@myserver.com and nameme@myserver.com to go to john@myserver.com
Please instruct me accordingly.
Please be noted that I use the standard iRedMail.

Many Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Forwarding emails to int / ext account and alias

mikekgr wrote:

1) email forwarding from my server to an external one (ex Gmail) for all incoming emails.
2) How can have inside server emails forwarding/copy? E.x. for the incoming emails to e.x. common@myserver.com to get copy at: mail1@myserver.com as well as to mail2@myserver.com ?

Use the mail forwarding:
https://docs.iredmail.org/sql.user.mail.forwarding.html

mikekgr wrote:

3) How can I setup email aliases for one (or more) email accounts e.x. name@myserver.com and nameme@myserver.com to go to john@myserver.com

You can easily manage per-user mail alias addresses with iRedAdmin-Pro, but we don't have a doc for standard iRedMail yet. sorry.

Re: Forwarding emails to int / ext account and alias

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mikekgr wrote:

Use the mail forwarding:
https://docs.iredmail.org/sql.user.mail.forwarding.html

mikekgr wrote:

You can easily manage per-user mail alias addresses with iRedAdmin-Pro, but we don't have a doc for standard iRedMail yet. sorry.

Dear Mr. Huangbin,
thanks a lot for your reply and the support. Because I don't know how to handle the MariaDB sql system (I never involved with sql databases), can you suggesting me a good how to guide to read in order to get the required knowledge and then to do the described modification(s) in the vmail DB ?
Thanks