Topic: Having Trouble Installing 0.7.0 beta

I used winscp to upload beta 7.0 when I tried to uncompress it I tried these commands

tra xjf iRedMail-0.7.0.-beta1.tar.bz2  (unknown)

I treid:

tra xjf iRedMail-0.7.0.beta1.tar.bz2 (unknown)
tar xjf iRedMail-0.7.0.tar.bz2

Nothing works  Under the 6.0 it is just supposed to be

tar xjf iRedMail-0.6.0.tar.bz2

So how do I get this to decompress and work?

Please, Please , Help

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Having Trouble Installing 0.7.0 beta

What's the uploaded filename on your remote server?

The upload file name is  iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1.tar.bz2   as you can see from above I tried this and it would not work.

I tried       # tar xfj iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1.tar.bz2     Is there something I am missing here with this command. 

Since it is the upload link in my server it should work..Correct?   But it does not

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What's the uploaded filename on your remote server?

what os do you use?

you can try to install bzip2.

yum install bzip2
or
apt-get install bzip2

Using Cento5...Should I try to see if I can install 0.6.0 to see if it will install and then try to upgarde?

Keeps telling me can not locate...no such directory.  However it is showing in my  winscp as being there.  Is there something else I need to do.  I tried to install bzip2 no luck

Hi:   I went in and deleted the package I uploaced through winscrp..Starting getting results.  I got the iRedMail and Pkgs uploaded.  I then did the Yum Repository check...Ok There.

When I go to the next step from my instructions.(http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/Installation)  I get the error message below:

[root@server pkgs]# cd /path/to/iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1
-bash: cd: /path/to/iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1: No such file or directory
[root@server pkgs]

The only thing I can think of is if I am missing a command .   However, I can't see any missing commands in the above mentioned instullation guide.

So can you tell me what is wrong so that I can go forward? 

I really appreciate the assistance.

Sorry.  I should have re-read that before I posted.   After I deleted the uploads I did with winscp I then went to wget http://iRedMail.googlecode.com/files/iR … a1.tar.bz2 and it started working, until I ran into the above problem.

Did you replace '/path/to/iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1' by real path on your server?

Yes I did replace the path but it is still not working.

Ok I typed the path in after the prompt.  cd /path/to/iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1...So do I need to do something different to replace '/path/to/iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1'  by real path on server?   I just can't get it to work...Please help me get this working

I found the command to replace it is tar-xvjf iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1
cd iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1  - Now how do I find the directory.   I was in root and then just unpacked iredmail through wget.  I have tried find.name iredmail-typef but nothing seems to brigh up the directory.   Can you give some help here

I found IT!   [root@server /]# find . -type d -name iRedMail
./var/cache/yum/iRedMail
[root@server /]#  Now lets see if I can get this installed.

What do I do from here I must be missing something because the bash iRedMail.sh comes back as no such file.

I am in the proper directory...[root@server iRedMail  I really need to get this done so please tell me what I am doing wrong.