Topic: Where the MAILDIR_STYLE is ?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu server 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Dear Sirs, according to the documentation, { Maildir path is hashed like domain.ltd/u/s/e/username-20150929. If you prefer domain.ltd/username/, please set MAILDIR_STYLE='normal'. } So if you need normal style in mail dir, my preference, you have to set MAILDIR_STYLE='normal'.
My question is: Where this should be set? Where is this file?
Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Where the MAILDIR_STYLE is ?

It must be iRedAdmin(-Pro).

btw, Which document are you reading? Does the document mention which application is using this setting?

3 (edited by mikekgr 2020-07-13 00:06:46)

mikekgr wrote:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu server 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Dear Sirs, according to the documentation, { Maildir path is hashed like domain.ltd/u/s/e/username-20150929. If you prefer domain.ltd/username/, please set MAILDIR_STYLE='normal'. } So if you need normal style in mail dir, my preference, you have to set MAILDIR_STYLE='normal'.
My question is: Where this should be set? Where is this file?
Thanks!

To answer my question, following the docs link:
https://docs.iredmail.org/sql.create.mail.user.html
there is a helper script inside the ireaMail unzipped directory (created at the installation phase), inside the tools directory  with the name: create_mail_user_SQL.sh
Inside this script, when you edit it before running it, there is the line:
MAILDIR_STYLE='hashed'      # hashed, normal
If you, like me, want the normal style just make the above line as:
MAILDIR_STYLE='normal'      # hashed, normal

Now I have only one, I believe last question, I want to create mail users with unlimited quota. Looking at the above script there is the lines:
# Default mail quota (in MB).
DEFAULT_QUOTA='1024'

So, what must be this value to have unlimited mail quota for the user? Perhaps 0 (zero) or my guess is wrong ??? Mr @ZhangHuangbin can you reply to this?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

0 is unlimited.