1 (edited by carlosrpevertsz 2020-07-09 08:38:01)

Topic: How to force relay

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,

I am evaluating iredmail and trying to do some test with one account for a while before migrating all my accounts to iredmail.

My iredmail server only has one email account and will be using other server on the internet as relay host. The problem is that i need the local server with the same domain name as the remote(relay server). When i send an email to other email account the iredmail validate it an returned error 550 because the recipient account doesn't exist on local server but it does in the remote (relay server).

It is possible to force to relay and send the email to the relay serve even the recipient account doesn't exist locally? In other words, is it possible to disable local verification of the recipient email account before send?

Regards,
Carlos

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to force relay

No. And this may cause endless loop too.

Re: How to force relay

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

No. And this may cause endless loop too.

Thank you for your help.

If a have the local domain name as kakata.local and the remote server with the name kakata.com, could i configure account@kakata.local to have a "reply to" account@kakata.com, so i could download all replys done to the account@kakata.com to the local account@kakata.local with the fetmail?

Regards,
Carlos