1 (edited by nickjnaude 2020-07-22 19:21:58)

Topic: Mail Relay

Hi all,

Hope you can help me. I have the folowing basic setup:

1x General mail server (let's call this General), Latest iRedMail, connected to Internet via NAT and receiving mail for a lot of domains in a private network
1x Specific domain mail server (tld1.com, which we'll call Specific), Latest iRedmail, not connected directly to the internet but sharing a subnet with the abovementioned server.

So basically, I want to receive and relay mails for Specific through General for tld1.com. The reason I want to do this is because I only have 1 static IP which the two servers need to share, and I will NAT to General, and I can't change the config on Specific to accomodate more domains (it does LDAP lookups, etc, so it's going to be messy, trust me). I do not have an issue if Specific SENDS outgoing mail, but all incoming mail coming in on General should just be relayed to Specific.  I assume I only need to change the Postfix setup (I think via a MySQL record or something).  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Kind regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail Relay

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/backupmx.html

In your case:

Add mail domain "tld1.com" on General, mark it as a backup mx server and set the per-domain transport to IP address of "Specific". Do not add any mail accounts under "tld1.com" on General.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/backupmx.html

In your case:

Add mail domain "tld1.com" on General, mark it as a backup mx server and set the per-domain transport to IP address of "Specific". Do not add any mail accounts under "tld1.com" on General.

---
Many thanks, I will try it, much appreciated

4 (edited by nickjnaude 2020-07-27 20:15:49)

I don't know if I should make a new forum entry, but now my question is:

If I place General in between Specific and the internet, and let General do all the relaying, is there any config I should change on General?
What should I also then change config on Specific?

Thanks guys!

No change required.