Topic: Receiving and sending email from other host

I'm running iredmail 1.3.1 on ubuntu 18.04 (VPS). I've setup a few domains and I'm able to send and receive emails ok. However, I'm looking to have Iredmail receive and send emails from my web apps with the domains configured on iredmail.

I've configured my web apps to send emails to my iredmail server (public ip). This is not working and not sure if and what should be configured for this. My web app is alos configured to send the emails using smtp port 587 (tls). My questions:

- Is some authentication required from my web app to the iredmail server? And, if so, what credentials should be provided. I would hate to have to configure my emails server credentials on my web app server as I see this a security risk.

Note: My iredmail server is on the same local subnet as my web apps running on separate VPS. Also, I'm able to send a test email to my gmail account from the web apps - so, I know the web apps server is working to send emails. But, same test toward my iredmail server I get issues (Error reporting "Unrouteable and Frozen Email).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by rajiv.ptbb 2020-07-22 05:32:37)

Re: Receiving and sending email from other host

1. does "telnet your-mail.smtp.host 587" command from the web-app host works? Also, check on port 25 too.
2. Generally, you should get a full error with error code which should tell more details? Can you share it?

3 (edited by joeleo 2020-07-22 23:56:43)

Re: Receiving and sending email from other host

Ok, it seems like I can telnet from using some external device BUT it fails from host where I want email to go to Iredmail.

UBUNTU-20:~$ telnet mail.My-Domain.com 25
Trying My-Pub-IPaddr...
Connected to mail.My-Domain.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220-mail.My-Email-Server (Public) ESMTP Postfix
220 mail.My-Email-Server (Public) ESMTP Postfix
^C
quit
Connection closed by foreign host.
UBUNTU-20:~$ telnet mail.My-Domain.com 587
Trying My-Pub-IPaddr...
Connected to mail.My-Domain.com.