Topic: Relay Domain - verifying recipients using active directory
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): ldap
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
if enabling relay for a domain, there is the checkbox if you want to verify local recipients or not, that works fine if you create all the users that are allowed to recieve mails by hand for that domain.
It would be easier if I could provide a list, or even better, sync it with an existing active directory.
After scrolling through https://docs.iredmail.org/active.directory.html it looks like that is not the way to do it, as the mail accounts are stored in an existing exchange server, iredmail shall only used to relay incoming and outgoing mails to that exchange server.
So is there a way to use active directory as recipient verification?