1 (edited by Ceez 2020-08-05 06:07:38)

Topic: internal server error when create user

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.3.1 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?  git clone https://github.com/iredmail/iRedMail.git and use iRedMail.sh
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
Release:        20.04
Codename:       focal

- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Nope
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello
When he tries to add a new user with "iredadmin" he gets an internal server error.
This is a fresh installation. I also cannot add a new administrator.
I get a message: Error: can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str

additionally in /var/log/maillog I have such an error -"
4 21:39:11 roundcube mail: <8d0a1nmq> PHP Error: php_zip extension is required for the zipdownload plugin in /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.4.7/plugins/zipdownload/zipdownload.php on line 36 (POST /mail/?_task=mail&_action=check-recent)""

it manifests itself every time I click refresh on roundcube

if I make a new installation on ubuntu 18, will that solves all my issues?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by Ceez 2020-08-06 07:12:20)

Re: internal server error when create user

Hi,
I reinstalled ubuntu 18.04 and installed iredmail. This did not solve the problem. When creating a new user receives "internal server error" message.

when adding a user with - create_mail_user_SQL.sh is all OK.

3 (edited by hermanv 2020-08-07 19:35:46)

Same issue for me after installing on centos 8.
Creation of this user via sql went fine, but changing the password via the webinterface still does not work.

Still investigating myself, I am not sure if it has anything to do with another thing on my centos 8: the service mlmmjadmin.service failed to start.
Reason for that: Failed to start mlmmjadmin.service: Unit mlmmjadmin.service has a bad unit file setting.

If these issues are not related, please let me know: I will then post another topic for the mlmmjadmin.service

4 (edited by hermanv 2020-08-08 00:08:56)

hermanv wrote:

Same issue for me after installing on centos 8.
Creation of this user via sql went fine, but changing the password via the webinterface still does not work.

I have resolved the issue on the mlmmjadmin.service on centos8.

The file /opt/mlmmjadmin/rc_scripts/systemd/rhel.service seems to be missing the path to the executable.
Took the liberty to fill in the blanks: "/usr/local/bin/uwsgi"   And after reboot the service works.

Now my mlmmjadmin.service file in /lib/systemd/system/ looks like this:

[Unit]
Description=RESTful API server used to manage mlmmj mailing list manager
After=network.target local-fs.target remote-fs.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStartPre=-/usr/bin/mkdir /var/run/mlmmjadmin
ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/chown mlmmj:mlmmj /var/run/mlmmjadmin
ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/chmod 0755 /var/run/mlmmjadmin
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/uwsgi --ini /opt/mlmmjadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/rhel.ini --pidfile /var/run/mlmmjadmin/mlmmjadmin.pid
ExecStop=/usr/local/bin/uwsgi --stop /var/run/mlmmjadmin/mlmmjadmin.pid
ExecStopPost=/usr/bin/rm -rf /var/run/mlmmjadmin
KillSignal=SIGTERM
TimeoutStopSec=5
PrivateTmp=true

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

But …. still have the same errors as Ceez has.   This might be because the mlmmjadmin service was not good during install ?

Refreshing the webpage after passwordchange reveals this message:
Error: Security token did not match. Please refresh current page and re-perform form action.  ( I am sure both passwdfields were the same, and a session-timeout of my session would be too soon in my opinion)

hermanv thanks you for your comment.
My mlmmjadmin.service works. So it's probably something else

mlmmjadmin.service - RESTful API server used to manage mlmmj mailing list manager
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mlmmjadmin.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-08-06 00:49:59 CEST; 2 days ago
Main PID: 1302 (uwsgi)
    Tasks: 6 (limit: 4441)
   CGroup: /system.slice/mlmmjadmin.service
           ├─1302 /usr/bin/uwsgi --ini /opt/mlmmjadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/debian.ini --pidfile /var/run/mlmmjadmin/mlmmjadmin.pid
           ├─1486 /usr/bin/uwsgi --ini /opt/mlmmjadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/debian.ini --pidfile /var/run/mlmmjadmin/mlmmjadmin.pid
           ├─1487 /usr/bin/uwsgi --ini /opt/mlmmjadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/debian.ini --pidfile /var/run/mlmmjadmin/mlmmjadmin.pid
           ├─1488 /usr/bin/uwsgi --ini /opt/mlmmjadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/debian.ini --pidfile /var/run/mlmmjadmin/mlmmjadmin.pid
           ├─1489 /usr/bin/uwsgi --ini /opt/mlmmjadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/debian.ini --pidfile /var/run/mlmmjadmin/mlmmjadmin.pid
           └─1490 /usr/bin/uwsgi --ini /opt/mlmmjadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/debian.ini --pidfile /var/run/mlmmjadmin/mlmmjadmin.pid

Please download the latest stable iRedMail-1.3.1 release instead of the git master branch.
https://www.iredmail.org/download.html

Git master branch is not guaranteed to be stable, that's what master branch used for -- development.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please download the latest stable iRedMail-1.3.1 release instead of the git master branch.

Git master branch is not guaranteed to be stable, that's what master branch used for -- development.

Hi,

thanks for this information, but how do I update when using the automatic installation script?