Topic: installation steps missing

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 8.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MARIADB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

While installing the iRedmail steps are missing in installation document.
> Web server only shows nginx or no web server option (step missing on document)
>MySQL is replaced by mariyadb (document shows MySQL)
> below are extra step where I have choose yes (step missing on document)
[ INFO ] Disable SELinux in /etc/selinux/config.
< Question > Would you like to use firewall rules provided by iRedMail?
< Question > File: /etc/firewalld/zones/iredmail.xml, with SSHD ports: 22. [Y|nY
[ INFO ] Copy firewall sample rules.
< Question > Restart firewall now (with ssh ports: 22)? [y|N]Y
[ INFO ] Restarting firewall ...
< Question > Would you like to use MySQL configuration file shipped within iRedMail now?
< Question > File: /etc/my.cnf. [Y|n]Y

while installation got below error
[ INFO ] Installing required Python-2 modules with pip2: web.py>=0.51 more-itert                                                                             ools==5.0.0 web.py>=0.51 more-itertools==5.0.0 uwsgi>=2.0.18 pycurl>=7.43.0.5 Py                                                                             MySQL>=0.9.3
WARNING: Running pip install with root privileges is generally not a good idea.                                                                              Try `pip2 install --user` instead.
Collecting web.py>=0.51
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages … 80157e5463                                                                             07f8884009db614f50d9fe01eab70d080944bbe2b/web.py-0.60.tar.gz
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/tmp/pip-build-rblEki/web.py/setup.py", line 7, in <module>
        from web import __version__
      File "web/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
        from . import (  # noqa: F401
      File "web/db.py", line 771
        print("ERR:", str(sql_query), file=debug)
                                          ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-rb                                                                             lEki/web.py/

my old iredmail is on MySQL. How we can migrate the data to mariadb or there is an option to install MySQL.

Does Centos 8 is compatible with iredmail and no issue later when in production as I was reading in this form that Centos 8 has issues with iredmail. 

accessing iredadmin shows 502 Bad Gateway error and log shows below error

[error] 953#0: *909 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: IP, server: _, request: "GET /iredadmin/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "uwsgi://127.0.0.1:7791", host: "IP"

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: installation steps missing

There's a "bug" in iRedMail-1.3.1 installer, web.py upstream released a new version "0.60" which is for Python 3 and dropped Python 2 support, but iRedMail installer tries to install it with "pip2 install web.py>=0.51" and it incorrectly installed 0.60.

Re-packed iRedMail-1.3.1 moment ago with this issue fixed, please re-download iRedMail and install:
https://www.iredmail.org/download.html

Sorry about this trouble.

Thanks, what about the other issues I have mentioned in my post.

All caused by the “web.py” package, should be fixed automatically after you have web.py installed.

Thanks, Please clarify on answer to choose below. should we choose yes or no

iRedMail-1.3.1 installation and configuration complete.

[ INFO ] Disable SELinux in /etc/selinux/config.
< Question > Would you like to use firewall rules provided by iRedMail?
< Question > File: /etc/firewalld/zones/iredmail.xml, with SSHD ports: 22. [Y|n   
[ INFO ] Copy firewall sample rules.
< Question > Restart firewall now (with ssh ports: 22)? [y|N]
< Question > Would you like to use MySQL configuration file shipped within iRedMail now?
< Question > File: /etc/my.cnf. [Y|n]

I am presently on iredmail0.5.0  and would like to migrate the mails and users to iRedMail-1.3.1.  How can we do it to get to latest version.

Also I have license for iredmail-pro so can we upgrade to pro after migrating from old version to latest.

FYI:

https://docs.iredmail.org/migrate.to.ne … erver.html
https://docs.iredmail.org/backup.restore.html