Topic: Unreasoanable Virtual alias maps expansion size error

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1 OPENLDAP edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? 4.5
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Please assist i cannot send or receive on a mailing list ,I get below logs

postfix/cleanup[32330]: warning: 40DB1F00087: unreasonable virtual_alias_maps map expansion size for support@domain.com -- deferring delivery

I have tried to expand virtual_alias_expansion_limit size  from 1000 to 3000 and restarted postfix but still getting the error

Below is the current configurred value

[root@email ~]# postconf virtual_alias_expansion_limit
virtual_alias_expansion_limit = 3000

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unreasoanable Virtual alias maps expansion size error

Bozra wrote:

postfix/cleanup[32330]: warning: 40DB1F00087: unreasonable virtual_alias_maps map expansion size for support@domain.com -- deferring delivery

Is this the full + original log line?

yes sir,changing to subscribable mailing list sorted the problem but with a normal mailing list,I still get the error.

Bozra wrote:

yes sir,changing to subscribable mailing list sorted the problem but with a normal mailing list,I still get the error.

Now there is multiple  copies emails are being delivered to the users of the mailing list,after changing to subscribable mailing list,the user is getting multiple copies of the same email.

Bozra wrote:
Bozra wrote:

Now there is multiple  copies emails are being delivered to the users of the mailing list,after changing to subscribable mailing list,the user is getting multiple copies of the same email.

Please assist with this ,I had to delete the mailing list and recreate it as a normal mailing list ,then am back to the same error

"Aug 18 13:57:13 email postfix/cleanup[22895]: warning: 1647DF000AA: unreasonable virtual_alias_maps map expansion size for list@domain.com -- deferring delivery"

kindly assist with this as the list is the main mailing list of support emails of the clisents.

This is sorted,I was paying much attention on alias size limit but the culprit was found to be a loop.

the client had a mailing list  support@domain.com -> recepient1,recepient2,recepient3
                    then he had  recepient2 -> recepient1,support@domain.com

on the logs all i was able to see is the alias expansion limit error making it difficult.

Thanks.