Topic: Unable to forward emails to email address not in domain

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 64bit 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I'm not able to have emails forwarded to an email address that is not in the domain.  I'm able to forward emails to an email address that is in the domain without any issues.  For example, forwarding emails that go to user@domain.com to differentuser@domain.com works, but forwards from user@domain.com to differentuser@differentdomain.com does not.  I've tried using the sieve filter in Roundcube as well as putting the forward in the vmail:forwardings table.  Neither work.

The domain.com is part of iRedmail, but the differentdomain.com is not.  I have amavis disable because we use an outside spam filter service and use a host relay for outgoing mail.

Any help would be appreciated.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable to forward emails to email address not in domain

What's the related error log in /var/log/maillog?

Thank you for pointing me where to find the error.  It looks like it has to do with the relay host.

The error is
451 domain not found (not relaying for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)

The IP address is our mail server's address and it accepts normally sent emails.

The Relay Host is setup in /etc/postfix/main.cf

relayhost = [xxxxxx.x.ess.barracudanetworks.com]:25

I talked to the Barracuda people and they said that it's a spoofing issue. Right now, the forward is using the originating email's header to send out the forward and it's getting flagged at the Barracuda server.  Is there a way to not use the originating email's header for the forward, but use the iRedmail account's header to send the forward?